AbilityPLUS – Mount Washington Valley – Winter Programs
- We offer individual alpine skiing and snowboarding lessons for people age 4 and up with any type of disability: physical, developmental, cognitive, emotional.
- All lessons are tailored to the individual participant, and are one-on-one with a lead instructor who is accompanied by at least one assistant instructor.
- Reservations must be made in advance. Please request reservations for weekend and holiday period lessons well in advance; our sessions book very quickly!
- In the event that we are unable to accommodate your request for a given date, you will be placed on our waiting list and we will contact you via telephone if something becomes available.
- Please be aware that due to the nature of our programs a simple ‘first come first served’ waiting list for reservations does not apply. We match students with available instructors based on various criteria including disability, skills levels and so on. Reservations are accepted and filled at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Snowshoeing and Nordic Skiing may be available with advance notice, and must be arranged via telephone with the Program Director.
Morning Session: 10 am–12 noon
Afternoon Session: 1 pm-3 pm
- Half-day (Single lesson): $80 includes either morning or afternoon lesson session with AbilityPLUS, all necessary equipment and full-day lift ticket
- Full Day (Two lessons/day): $105 includes morning & afternoon sessions, equipment and full-day lift ticket
- Clinic (does not include lift ticket or equipment): $45.00
Please note- Students are not permitted to stay at the AbilityPLUS office during break between morning and afternoon sessions. Students finish the morning session at 12 noon at the AbilityPLUS office, start the afternoon session at 1:00 pm, and end the afternoon session at 3:00 pm at the AbilityPLUS office. Students and family should plan accordingly.
**An important aspect of the AbilityPLUS Mission is to provide adaptive sports and recreation opportunities to all people with any disability, regardless of their financial situation. Everyone who wishes to participate in our adaptive sports programs should contact us regardless of ability to pay. It is through our fundraising activities and the generosity of those with the means to donate to our programs that we are able to provide life enriching programs to individuals with disabilities who are experiencing financial difficulties. We do not turn anyone away for lack of ability to pay.
Our season-long lesson program is designed for those who plan on skiing with AbilityPLUS most weekends and holiday periods, and desire the convenience of pre-paying and pre-booking their lesson schedule for the entire season. Season Lesson Program prices do not include lift tickets
Please call Liz Wehmeyer at 603-374-2688 for more information and to set up your seasonal program.